Posted to uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful . mrcheerful                                                                          . is offline

Default Tumble dryer that senses dryness

"Lobster" wrote in message
mrcheerful . wrote:

Our old Hotpoint continued indefinitely, which was great, the whirlpool
we replaced it with stops completely after an hour or so, which means
creased clothes by the time we get to it.

Does your Whirlpool behave in the same manner to mine (see my other post)
with regards to not always drying completely (and we'd never use anything
but the 'ready-to-wear' setting) ?

Just interested, as I'm not sure whether my expectations are too high or
if I should have mine checked out while still under warranty!

David

We always use the ready to wear setting. Generally we don't mix types of
washing, each load is pretty similar. Everything comes out dry, the only
thing that causes a difference is if the filter is blocked, filter clean
every use is essential, we have also found quite a lot of fluff gets past
the filter, on ours the filter is a slot in thing just inside the door, if
you take the filter out and look down you can usually find a whole heap of
fluff down there. A Hoover and a long cable tie usually get it all out.

On our old Hotpoint (God rest its departed soul) we once had the situation
that nothing was drying properly and fluff was coming out of every seam, it
took a lot of searching to discover a pair of knickers that had got past the
filter (it was the old type that lived at the back of the drum and could
fall off) The knickers were stuck in the corrugated pipe with a ball of
fluff round them, so no air could get past.

Mrcheerful