Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Gary KW4Z Gary  KW4Z is offline

Default Screwed by Canon Rebate

Not mine .. Maybe they saw me coming. I do my Taxes now online and total
cost for using the service and e-filing is about $15.00 total and I think
that was State and Federal.

Now one more point. I think companies that make it easier on the consumer
should be rewarded and I know there are plenty that do but I know of one
that is BEST and one that is up and coming and at least trying to a degree.

STAPLES has online filing of Rebates and always pays fast when I have filled
out them. You can also track them along the way. CompUSA, to a much lesser
degree, is processing a few Rebates online now or e-rebates I think they
call it. I told Staples manager that due to their majority of online filing
most of my shopping, if it can be had there, is at Staples. I also hope
others that read this will post and commend other retailers that use and
promote e-rebates.

On 12/29/06 3:09 AM, in article , "Bill"
wrote:

Gary KW4Z wrote:

PS -- I think Tax Program Rebates are the worst about shafting you. If
there is some enterprising Attorney that ever files a suit on behalf on
everyone that gets shafted (Class action that is ) Count me in!

I assume you didn't notice that as of this past year, tax
software rebates are pretty much a thing of the past?? Too bad,
since you were often able to get much better deals than you can
now. And the sad thing is, the tax rebates were pretty reliable
and fast.

Bill