Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
Bill Bill is offline

Default Screwed by Canon Rebate

Steve B wrote:

I have used this tactic three times, and it has worked all three times:

I went to the store and asked what they would do to make it right. When
they wouldn't, I asked for the manager, and they wouldn't make it right. I
told them that I would picket their store.

Picketing is easy, but you have to do it by the book. First, you send a
registered letter TO THAT MANAGER stating the purpose of your picketing.
Tell them the hours you are going to picket and the dates. Tell them that
you will invite the local news channel that covers consumer complaints to
come and film your protest.

I assume this was after you called the rebate processor and
tried to get them to fix it but they refused to? Since they will
often fix it over the phone, which is a hell of a lot easier
than your whole picketing thing, Registered (did you mean that
and not Certified?) letter, etc.

Bill