Posted to alt.home.repair
komobu komobu is offline

Default Window Insulation Kit

Hi Paul....
Based on your thread, I will install them on my windows...but I am not
following you. Did you put them on the interior and exterior of the
windows? I have storm windows outside...Where would/how would I do
anything to the exterior? Also, I saw your pic and it looked really
nice...but where did you start the coverage? It didn't look like
anything was attached to the frame.

An air space is required. However, these windows are true divided
lights, so the plastic film rests on top of the mullion bars. These
mullion bars provide a one inch air space between the window glass and
the plastic film on either side.

Also, what did you mean by this? What are true divided lights and what
are mullion bars?

Could you please post some more pics if not too much trouble? Thanks
for your help on this and have a nice NewYears...

Pat