Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] studio_1a@hotmail.com is offline

Default Treadmill Sears Freespirit NO POWER...NEED HELP!

I finally got the manual from Taiwan but the schematic diagram for the
controller board is not in there. I know I'm supposed to get 20Vdc to
power up the console and not getting it, so I suspect perhaps some
voltage regulators blown. I checked all diodes and are good. I also
found a voltage regulator that was badly soldered by the previous owner
in the console cct board so it may have more than one problem. Which
way can the SCRs be tested?
thanks

wrote:
studio_1a:
I repaired a Sears threadmil a while ago. I think it was a ProForm
model or
something like that. It had a wrap-a-round heatsink around the control
board. Two of the 5 SCR's on the board were shorted or leakly.
Had to order them from Mouser Electronics. Replacing the SCRs
fixed the problem. It had a small separate board to control the incline
motor,
but that board was OK.
Hope this helps...
John