Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default How do I stop new toilet seat from slipping?

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:34:22 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:44:06 -0500, trader-of-some-jacks
wrote:

I recently replaced a toilet seat in my house.

But the new one tends to slip a lot - VERY awkward to be sitting on a
slipping and shifting seat, obviously.

I'm pretty strong and have hand-tightened the bolts as much as I think
is reasonable, and the bottom line is that, subjected to the forces of
use, this seat continues to slide.

So I'm wondering if they make rubber washers or gaskets that fit between
the actual toilet fixture and the plastic parts that hold the bolts -
just something to take friction out of the equation.

The foam pad mentioned previously is what I've see in some new toilet
seat packages. I bet a small piece of old inner-tube, cut to size
would stop slipping.

Or a dab or just about any caulk.

Bob

Not painter's latex, please. Some silly-caulk, yep .. agree. It won't
warrant railroad car construction adhesive.

I prefer the parts; supposedly packed with the product.

--
Oren