Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] dkuhajda@locl.net is offline

Default Toshiba CF30E50, no filament

clifto wrote:
CF30E50, no filament. No voltage at the socket, or apparently at the
CRT board. Resoldered CRT socket and flyback, no joy. Removed and
put back CRT socket to eliminate socket pin corrosion. 30KV present.
4.9 ohms across heater pins with electronics attached. Tapping everything
in reach has no effect.

Original owner of the set gave it to me, saying the picture would fade
in and out; my experience was that it faded out yesterday and hasn't
come back since.

If you are really only losing the filament and it is out completely, it
is a simple matter to trace the filament pulses from the flyback,
through the current limiting resistor, to the crt socket. You really
need an o'scope as most meters do not accurately read the 15KHz pulses
off the flyback to show the voltage.

You should have the G2 voltage ~300V on the crt socket which would in
fact confirm the flyback is still running.

Not too bad for an 12 year old Toshiba that it still is worth taking
the time to fix it.