Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba CF30E50, no filament

clifto wrote:

CF30E50, no filament. No voltage at the socket, or apparently at the
CRT board. Resoldered CRT socket and flyback, no joy. Removed and
put back CRT socket to eliminate socket pin corrosion. 30KV present.
4.9 ohms across heater pins with electronics attached. Tapping everything
in reach has no effect.

Original owner of the set gave it to me, saying the picture would fade
in and out; my experience was that it faded out yesterday and hasn't
come back since.

Where does the filament supply come from, a wind on the loptf? Wherever
it is, just follow it back and see what bit's dead.

If you cant fix it, eg its an open wind on the loptf, there are 2
workarounds. One is to wrap usually 3 turns round the loptf to get the
necessary voltage for filament supply. The other is to hook it up to
some other supply rail that can supply the wanted V and has enough
current delivery to cope with it. Last of all one can always fit a
filament transformer.

All you need do is use your multimeter.

NT