Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
John Beardmore John Beardmore is offline

Default Waste disposal was Siting of panels for solar water heating

In message , Andy Hall writes
On 2006-12-18 02:19:29 +0000, John Beardmore said:

Or time.
But I think there are some things like eating and going to the
toilet that we seldom depute to others.
Really? Letting the government run services is exactly doing that
i.e. letting others wipe our arses.

Sorting your own waste takes the process under your control.

I can have control by paying somebody else to do the work

But it's hard to see how that can be done without increasing the
environmental footprint.

The trouble is that the government always uses Bronco sheets and
tells us that it's Andrex.

N/A in this case.

Very applicable.

Mere diversionary word games.

Maybe sorting our own waste might be seen in that light.
If we are stupid enough to buy into that notion

If it gives the lowest environmental impact, it may not be 'stupid'
but 'responsible'.

That's pseudo-moral-highground-

Well - it wasn't about that, but why do you think you feel that way ?

not impressed.

I don't care if you're impressed. I care if you are living with a
reasonable environmental footprint.

I care far more however, if by imposing a market on those who don't
really care, you manage to increase the environmental footprint of
thousands of people.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore