Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Hot water problem after drain down

raesene wrote:

here's some pictures.

Here's the boiler http://www.mccune.org.uk/plumb/boiler.jpg

here's the controller http://www.mccune.org.uk/plumb/controller.jpg

here's a view of the tanks http://www.mccune.org.uk/plumb/tanks2.jpg .

The hot water tank is the one on the left hand side the cold water
tank is on the right.

here's a view of the pipes running to/from the hot water tank
http://www.mccune.org.uk/plumb/pipes.jpg

the two running away on the left seem to go to the boiler.

Here's a view of the small water tank at the back/top of the hot water
tank http://www.mccune.org.uk/plumb/flow-tank.jpg

Hope this helps answer what it is... Thanks for the help so far :O)

Thanks for the pictures. Unfortunately, nothing that I recognise!

Do you not also have a hot water cylinder in an airing cupboard? The tank
which you describe as the HW tank doesn't look very big to me, and the F&E
tank isn't where I would expect it to be, relative to the cylinder.

--
Cheers,
Roger