Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] barry@sme-online.com is offline

Default Forced Hot air limit switch

JOHN F wrote:
I have a forced hot air system and I have had to replace the limit switch 4
times in last 11 months. Part number HH 12zB and it has 200 degree rating.
All power feeds measure correctly. This is in town house with 3 floors of
ductwork. System works fine between limit switch replacements. I have
lined out limit switch for short durations ( middle of night and heat
needed), but I consider this a fire hazard over long term, plus unit runs
continually in that mode. With defective limit switch, fan runs
continuously when themostat calls for heat, but naturally the unit doesn't
actuate the pilot, so get cold air only.

Parts are fairly cheap..like less than $10, but more an irritation and
concern when traveling.

Thanks

First, you're confusing "limit switch" with "fan switch", both of which
often
occupy the same enclosure.