Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default critique my circuiting plan

Pete C. wrote:
N8N wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
N8N wrote:

My (detached) garage does have a 100A sub panel in
it but about half my basement is still unfinished and I am undecided if
that should be a secondary workspace or not... I think the financial
department wants to turn part of it into a bathroom though which would
be kind of a PITA what with the sewer being buried under the concrete
floor and all.

nate

It's not a PITA, it's a shopping opportunity. New angle grinder and
abrasive wheel or circular saw and diamond wheel to make the cuts in the
concrete. Perhaps some new chisels and a sledge hammer...

Pete C.

LOL maybe you're right, but I'm unclear on who's going to pay for all
that stuff... I get the "you have too many tools already" lecture
quite regularly, most recently when I went out and bought a new Sawzall
(although it made cutting the old ceiling box out of the kitchen a
piece of cake.)

nate

If you're getting that lecture either you aren't doing enough of her
projects or you need to dump her.

There's other redeeming "allowances" she makes, like not entering the
garage, and not complaining about the fact that my "real" car is a 20
year old Porsche (and that there's also an old Studebaker that isn't
exactly driveable at the moment.)

Actually, it's now kinda "her" car but I figure that's better than her
hating the damn thing.

I just need to get her to understand the necessity and use of various
tools that I don't have

nate