Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Sony KV-20TR22 Need to hit Select on Remote

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 13:28:31 -0500, Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:31:28 -0700, Bill Jeffrey
wrote:

lee houston wrote:

Hey this may seem like a trivial problem but I am sick of hitting
select after the channel # on my remote. Is this an issue with the TV
or is it a function of the remote??

I have two or three Sony TVs of various vintages. All of them do this,
and I consider it a crappy human factors design element that Sony should
have gotten rid of years ago. I doubt there is anything you can do
about it, though.

By contrast, I have an old Magnavox el cheapo set. To change channels,
I just hit the number buttons. After each button, the TV waits a moment
to see if I am going to hit any more buttons, and if I don't, it goes to
the selected channel. In other words, if I just hit "5", it goes to
channel 5. If I hit "5" and then "7", it goes to channel 57. Etc.

Why expensive Sony's can't do this, I'll never know.

Bill

My Sony works just like your Magnavox. My previous SONY also worked
like that. I wonder if the OP has tried selecting a channel and
waiting a second or two to see what happens.

My Sony goes back to the original station after a while if I don't
press Enter.

My Zenith goes by what numbers I have entered, but takes quite a while
to be sure I'm not entering any other numbers.

And my my bedroom tv works perfectly, like Bill's Magnavox. I'll post
the brand of that later.

CWM