Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] scott21230@gmail.com is offline

Default circuit breakers

"I gather that one tripped (since you say that the tv shut off) and
that's likely because it was carrying more current than it should have
been. The heat from that breaker melted the other breakers, I guess.
I assume they just show signs of melting and aren't in a puddle at the
bottom of the box."

That would be my guess as well. However, I think someone already asked
how old they were. Breakers don't last forever. If they are old
enough they should be replaced. This is irregardless of brand,
placement, or any maintenance (annual exercising).