Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default Talking about Target stores

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Radiosrfun wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Radiosrfun wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Radiosrfun wrote:

BINGO!

Yes, DAV #85 does play bingo, Saturday mornings and Monday
evenings.
;-)

OK - so to keep in the theme - you Michael - are a real card!

Our Fire Department has bingo one night a week. I don't know HOW -
anyone
can sit for that length of time! Man oh man - my butt would be sore as
hell.
I work it and I sit in a leather chair and even at that - I have a
time
of
it sitting that long. I have to get up several times just to keep my
butt
from going numb.

Lou

Lou, my sense of humor is real, and it has served me well over the
last six years as my job disappeared, my health failed, and I was
declared 100% disabled. Without it, I probably wouldn't still be here.

As far as working the Bingo games, I haven't been well enough, but I
do some other things for the group. I know what you mean about
sitting.
I have circulation problems in my legs I can't stand very long, and I
can't sit very long. It drives other people crazy, but what can you do?

I was called up for Jury duty recently. The summons state that they
required a letter from your doctor to be excused, or that you are 65 or
older. My VA doctor refused to sign, because I wasn't scheduled to be
in
the hospital on that day.

I dragged myself to the courthouse before daylight, where the clerk
told me, "Oh, you only need to show us papers that you are 100%
disabled
before the day you are to appear, and you are excused for life!" I was
excused about lunchtime, after countless trips around the waiting room,
and trips to the rest room, because of the high blood pressure
medicine,
and diuretics. What a strange day.

Man, that had to suck!

I used to climb two way radio towers, work on 60 foot ladders wile
installing commercial sound systems, and in a work basket over high lift
forklifts. When I was young, I delivered those '60s and '70s console
color TVs by myself, sometimes to a third floor, without an elevator. I
worked about 12 hours a day, 8 for pay, and 4 or more in my home shop.
I never planned to retire. Instead, I was planning to keep working in my
1200square foot home shop by repairing antique electronics, and doing
contract assembly work building prototypes for a number of small
companies. That ended with the long term illness, and having most of my
shop equipment destroyed by two years of hurricanes doing damage to the
shop building.

Then, almost two years ago I got that letter from the VA, awarding my
100% disability. Let me tell you that it was a real blow to read the
line, "It is obvious that due the the list of medical problems, and his
age, this person will never be able to work again." Talk about mixed
blessings. Even though it would pay most of the bills, it was one of the
worst days of my life. That's why I crack all of the bad jokes, and
some days I have almost zero tolerance for the idiots and trolls.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Totally understandable. Well, I wish you all the best - and keep doing what
ever it is you're doing.

Lou