Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Sad news and Good news

"Tom S" wrote in message

About 5 years ago we bought my daughter a 10 week old Toy Fox/Yorkie mix
from a co-worker for $50. Well, when 'Peanut' was killed by a car about 18
months later, she was devastated. After about a month we got her a Cocker
Spaniel (Missy); what we didn't realize for another couple of months, was
that our son (older) was just as hurt - he was the first to get home from
school, and had 'Peanut' as his only companion for about 3 hours each day.
So we bought him a Yorkie (Vixen). I used to kid my co-worker that it only
cost us $1,000 to replace a $50 dog. But you can't replace them - you just
get a new friend to spend time with - and I still miss 'Peanut'.

I would already miss the new one. ;~)