The Natural Philosopher

Default Negative water pressure

James Moore wrote:

Kind of off topic because I have no intention of fixing this myself. But
I wonder if anyone has any similar experiences or advice?

My flat was built by Bryant in 2001. It is 3rd floor in a development of
about 90 flats in 10 blocks on the NW corner of Bolton town centre.

From time to time during the day the water pressure drops. It varies
between fine, to a feeble dribble, to absolutely nothing, in roughly
equal proportion. Apparently this is piped directly from the mains with
no storage tanks. The water meter is on the pavement outside which
suggests that my pipes are not shared with other flats in the building.

This occurs at peak times like weekday 7:30am but also at other times
like 00:10am Sunday morning. Today at 10:40am I was tring to run some
water in the kitchen - no water. In fact I could feel a suction from the
tap. I experimented with a glass of water from earlier, and the tap
sucked it right down. Obviously a health risk to us all.

Answer is to inject cyanide, kill off the rest of the occupants of the
block, and experience 'wuiet enjoyment' and full water pressure..

United Utilities say the water pressure delivered to the site is fine.
Bryant Customer Care are playing the foot dragging card (It's being dealt
with by our management/technical/legal team etc...).

Should UU be guaranteeing the water pressure to individual flats? Or is
it bad design on Bryant's part.

Thanks for any help
James Moore