Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT Steve Barker LT is offline

Default 220 volt oven

Sounds like an open neutral feed. Call the P&L co.

--
Steve Barker

"mrchips" wrote in message
oups.com...
hi, i was at a friends for xmas dinner, he said he was having problems
with the stove. it wouldnt heat up.
and when you turned the oven dial up from 100 to 500 the kitchen
lighting would get brighter ??
the kitchen is on the left side of the house.all power on the sid eof
the house is acting wierd.
power on the right side seems to be fine.
i think that there is only 110 v coming into the panel, and the other
110v leg is dead. does this sound right?
we did not have a meter to check. the main breaker seems to be fine the
panel is fairly new not more than 10 years old.
it is in an industrial building, so we cannot acess the mechanical room
yet,but i think there will be a fused discconect switch in there.
am i on the right track??