Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
George Jetson George Jetson is offline

Default Samsung 27" TV doesn't work.

"Rick Brandt" wrote in
t:

Well any time you take a component out of the circuit and get more
functionality than when it is in place that is pretty good evidence
that you are in the right area, but the real problem might be
downstream of the tripler and removing it from the circuit might also
be taking other things out of the circuit that are the real problem.

That's what sucks about trying to fix this stuff as a consumer. At
the shop they would try the tripler and if that wasn't it they could
grab any of a hundred other parts at their disposal and try them.
Ordering your first best guess on-line, waiting for it to arrive, and
then trying it only to find that it doesn't fix the problem is a hell
of a way to make progress. Short of seeing parts that are visibly
damaged it really is a crap-shoot.

If I knew what was inside the tripler I could test it. I have a
schematic of the flyback, but I would have to unsolder it to test, and
I'm trying to avoid that. If I can test the tripler and it turns out
bad, I can avoid unsoldering the flyback.