Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Loft access ladders

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:24:20 -0800, CptDondo
wrote:

Eigenvector wrote:

Why don't you just make one if you can? It's not tough making a stepladder
and you can gussy it up all you want.

Well, I don't have access to a woodshop.... It would be hard to make
one that looks decent with just hand tools.

That would be my first choice, though. I've done it before - a few
hardwood dowels, and some nice clear wood for the uprights...

But with the prices that I've seen for decent ladders, that may well
become an option.

IIRC the price of ladders includes 10 percent, or 30 percent or
somerthing for liability insurance. So be sure to consider the cost
of suing yourself.

--Yan