Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Rick Brandt Rick Brandt is offline

Default Samsung 27" TV doesn't work.

George Jetson wrote:
Charlie Morgan wrote in
news:ctm5p25j3ajetaf4ctpjf0p0flrnmf34sn@ 4ax.com:

I don't have any idea what's on TV tonight, but I am thinking you
are going to miss it. G

CWM

Maybe, but not for lack of a working TV. I have three.

One of the more common (totally dead) failures I see is a cracked circuit board
which interrupts some of the circuit traces. This is common in the area of the
flyback due to its weight. If the set is dropped or otherwise subjected to
sufficient G-forces the weight of the flyback causes enough board flex to crack
it. Sometimes these are easy to see, sometimes finding all of them can be a
real tough nut.