Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
* * is offline

Default Useful Items From Thrift And Dollar Stores For The Shop

Dave Lyon wrote in article
69gkh.283623$FQ1.78404@attbi_s71...

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 04:40:22 GMT, "Juvenal"
wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote...
I would be interested in hearing what items fellow home shop owners
find in thrift stores and dollar stores that end up being useful in

the
home shop environment.

One of my most used tools is free.

I take a 16 oz soda bottle, and drill a small hole in the cap. I fill the
bottle with whatever coolant/lubricant I want, then use it for a squirt
bottle to apply to my work while I'm cutting. I never have to fuss with

the
stupid cheap pump bottles, and I get the coolant exactly where I want it.

Those bottles actually cost us a nickel in many states.......