Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Eddie Munster Eddie Munster is offline

Default Peppermill advice requested....

I got some stuff to turn a peppermill as a present, along with some
wood. Which is all fine. Well except for a spring missing from the kit,
but I am sure that can be fixed easily. LV nearby!

But it seems I need to drill out a 1 1/16 diameter hole. the length of
thelower portion of the peppermill. The only drill bits I see in this
diameter are auger bits. I am worried that the pilot screw on the
augerbit will split this nice block of walnut. ????

What do the experienced people use/do? And do you dril them out first
and turn them, or drill after????

John