Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Studio Phrases - side note on FOX

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 23:49:42 -0800, charlie b
wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:

... snip
I'm concerned that it's now spilled over into woodworking.

The presence of abscence? That puts my teeth on edge!

Now, that, we can both agree upon. Have you taken any trips to any art
museums? *That* is an experience that borders on the illogical.

.... snip of visits to *real* art and *real* museums

So which museums have you visited?

I was more referring to "modern" art galleries. Have been to the Fort
Worth Museum of Art (Kimball museum I think is it's formal name) when
they had the impressionist series there. That was very good -- the modern
art in other parts of the museum not so much so. Have also been through
several exhibits in Denver. Fort Worth Museum of art is a treat as it is
naturally lighted.

The old impressionists, the masters -- I agree that those are both art
and stunning. The modern stuff falls under the same thing as your
impressions regarding the new woodworking lexicon.