Posted to rec.woodworking
Ben Bullock Ben Bullock is offline

Default Rip sawing photographic misadventures

"George" wrote in message
.. .

"Ben Bullock" wrote in message
Thanks very much, it's a little hard to understand but I'll mull this
over.

It's the correct answer, and why you'll find it best to cut with the board
vertical unless you're using yourself as a vise and keeping the wood on
skids.

The form of the saw will give you the mild undercut you need if you keep
the handle close to 90 degrees to the board.

Thanks very much for your input. Because of this discussion on angles, I
went and checked a sawing book to see what it said, and it says precisely
what you suggest: 90 degree angle and board held vertically. It also
mentions using a wedge in the saw cut. I put a scan of the relevant part of
the book and some (rough) translations up he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bnz/335...7594441220214/