Posted to uk.d-i-y
Anna Kettle Anna Kettle is offline

Default Good sources of info for "low-energy" building and maintenance work?

On 26 Dec 2006 07:01:49 -0800, wrote:
To kick off...

insulation insulation insulation
solar hw can pay back but too often doesnt.
solar warm air can give good ROI
underground pipes can give a nice return as an ac substitute
solar pv forget it
windgens in inhabited areas forget it
shower drain heat exchanger can pay back well
passive cooling avoids much ac
deciduous climber on house walls producng fruit gives summer colling &
food, but must be kept off the roof. High ROI.
CFLs god ROI

Thats an interesting list and I'm glad to see that I have all the
sensible ones installed or planned, except a shower-drain heat
exchanger, which is a new one on me. Can you elaborate?

Anna

--
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repair and conservation