Posted to alt.home.repair
John Keith John Keith is offline

Default bathtub won't fill

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 21:24:54 -0500, Speedy Jim wrote:

Hang the stopper from a long coat hanger/hook.
Grease the stopper with vaseline or crisco.
Lower it in place till you feel the weight taken
off the hanger. Run water and see if it holds.
Measure the length needed if that works.

Thank you Jim.

That is exactly what I finally did. For unknown reasons the plug was
not going into the "T" fitting. The coat hanger allowed me to adjust
the insertion depth easer than with the trip lever mechanism and I did
find the depth that stopped the exit of the water form the drain. I
then reattached the plug to the trip lever mechanism, took about three
adjustments to get the depth correct and all seems well right now.

John Keith