Glenn Ashmore

Default Mars Rover Wheels, one large machined piece?

Loren Coe wrote:

was watching NASA a couple of days ago w/the sound off, it
looked like they were machining the current Mars rover wheels,
out of a _single_ piece of metal.

after turning the sound on, it was a little late to get any verbal
confirmation but it does seem likely. further, the wheel and tred
are part of the single piece, along with the hub.

the rest of the assembly is the "inner-tube", something molded into
the metal housing. is _that_ what i saw? Thanks! --Loren

ps, if yes, talk about _custom_wheels_(!), yowser!!

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com