Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
Dave Lyon Dave Lyon is offline

Default Useful Items From Thrift And Dollar Stores For The Shop

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
news
Dave Lyon wrote:

One of my most used tools is free.

I take a 16 oz soda bottle, and drill a small hole in the cap. I fill

the
bottle with whatever coolant/lubricant I want, then use it for a squirt
bottle to apply to my work while I'm cutting. I never have to fuss

with the
stupid cheap pump bottles, and I get the coolant exactly where I want

it.

Next time try a plastic bottle with a push/pull top that comes with dish
washing soap in it.

Also quite useful for filling wet cell batteries with distilled water.

Lew

Yea, I've used those too. They tend to apply more liquid than I usually like
to use.