Posted to alt.home.repair
Member, Takoma Park Volunteer Fire Department Member, Takoma Park Volunteer Fire Department is offline

Default 5500 watt elec hot water heater - 5000 watt generator

Doug Miller wrote:
In article . com, "spam disintegrator" wrote:
Hello all,

I'm looking at replacing my current 80 gallon electric water heater.
The current heater says the upper and lower elements are both around
3300 watts.

Most 80 gallon units I have seen in stores nowadays are 5500 watt units
(upper and lower element are both 5500 watt).

I currently have a 5000 watt gasoline powered generator.

[snip]
If natural gas (or LP) is available, I'd be looking at that as the first
option...

The most cost effective, over the life of the unit, water heaters
available are the high efficiency oil fire units. The initial cost is
high but they will save you money over the life of the unit.
--
Tom Horne

for general use." Thomas Alva Edison