Andy Asberry

Default Opinions Wanted-Good Air Impact Tools?

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:32:56 GMT, Carl Byrns
wrote:

Snap-On used to sell a chrome-plated version of the generic air
ratchet under the Blue Point label. It was much better than the
Cheapistan knock offs. I used mine for years and then had it rebuilt
(by Snap-On) right before deciding to get out of the business. I'm
sort of sorry I sold it.

The regular Snap-On air ratchets vary in quality over the years- in
this case bigger is better.

Snap-On's factory service was outstanding- one low flat fee covered an
entire rebuild, whatever it took to make the tool like new.

-Carl

Amen to that! I borrowed a honking big Snap-On from a friend. It would
loosen lug nuts on a pickup. It would easily twist off 1/4" bolts.