Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Shuman Bob Shuman is offline

Default Hitachi 50UX15K won't turn on

I had the same model with the same symptoms repaired about 9 months back for
about $350. I know it seems like a lot for a 13 year old set, but it still
has a great picture and my family loves it so it was worth it to me. My
only advice is to find someone who has experience with the Hitachi. It is a
well made set and probably worth at least getting a quote for repair.

If you do elect to dump it and are willing to pull the CRTs and boards, let
me know since finding replacement parts is getting pretty tough on mine due
to its age!

Bob

wrote in message
ups.com...

kip wrote:
Support your Local TV Tech and call him...
Because one day YOU will need him.

Kip,

I would in a heart beat, if I had it, I don't. Why else do you think I
am trying to save a 13-year-old TV