Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Useful Items From Thrift And Dollar Stores For The Shop

Dave Lyon wrote:

One of my most used tools is free.

I take a 16 oz soda bottle, and drill a small hole in the cap. I fill the
bottle with whatever coolant/lubricant I want, then use it for a squirt
bottle to apply to my work while I'm cutting. I never have to fuss

with the
stupid cheap pump bottles, and I get the coolant exactly where I want it.

Next time try a plastic bottle with a push/pull top that comes with dish
washing soap in it.

Also quite useful for filling wet cell batteries with distilled water.

Lew