nightjar

Default very silly question about meths

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:30:15 +0100, "May" wrote:

What do they use meths for? (I've just found some in the cupboard.)

It depends who "they" is.

Traditionally it was claimed that tramps drank it, but I've never
believed that.

T'is true though. In Glasgow, when I lived there, you used to have to sign
the poisons register to buy meths. Another tramp favourite was coal gas
bubbled through stolen milk. You used to look for lead gas pipes that had
been cut, then folded back on themselves, when checking derelict houses to
see whether they were being used by dossers.

Colin Bignell