Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Sliding internal door?

Scott wrote:

What I as thinking instead of having an inward or outward opening door,
is bulk out one side of the wall and have a sliding door that fits
inside the wall partition. Hopefully would save some space and make the
room feel roomier when the door is opened.

I don't know what you mean by "bulk out one side of the wall".
I have made a sliding door that fits entirely within the wall. At the
door opening I have two vertical pieces of 1½" angle steel with
horizontal pieces of 4"x1" screwed to them, to attach the wallboard to
on each side. The rollers and track are commercially available.