Posted to alt.electronics
Roddy Meatstick.............. Roddy Meatstick.............. is offline

Default Just gutted a microwave oven

On 2006-12-23, Father Haskell wrote:
What goodies do I have?

A large and potentially deadly transformer, a magnetron which includes a
moderately strong magnet, a nigh high-voltage capacitor, and a high
voltage diode, sundry microswitches from the safety interlock, possibly
an electric clock. possibly a clockwork timer. possibly a slow motor
(if yours was a turntable model) or used to drive a mirror-ball that
can be hand-cranked to produce quite a bit of AC voltage (enough to
make flourescent lamps glow in my case). an electric fan,
a glass platter, and a box with a glass door that'll shield stuff
from microwaves.

Bye.
Jasen

---------

Funny I just did the same thing the other day.
Was wondering if I could make a Cone shaped device that could be used to
kill Garden Weeds.
Place the cone over the weedy area and then stand well back and set the
microwave going over a long bit of cable.
Just cook the floor.

Hay I wonder if you could fry the Nabours.? Place it agains there bedroom
wall and cook them through the wall whilst they sleep.?
;-)

Regards
Wombat.

You could make a good mouse, rat or squirrel trap. When they take the
food, the magnetron comes on and blinds them, if they don't move fast
the brain cooks too.
You could use the HV transformer for a burglar catcher by wiring the
door knob or garage door handle. When you find them dead in front of
your door you know they didn't belong there.