Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT Steve Barker LT is offline

Default People PLEASE!!!!!

The fact is, that he may have created the plumbing bond wire by "cabling"
several smaller bare wires (that he had already) as opposed to buying
another x number of feet of #6.

--
Steve Barker

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
news
While I'm sure it's my own fault for getting the anecdotal facts wrong, so
far I've only heard one person actually address the basic question - which
is why is bonding wire so much larger than grounding wire.

But come on, let's try to stick to the question here and not get bogged
down by the anecdotes!

Let me be clear, I DO NOT MISTRUST OR SUSPECT THE WORK AS BEING
SUBSTANDARD OR NOT TO CODE. I'm sure it's perfectly fine, to code, and
more than adequate for my service. It was performed by a bonded and
licenced electrical company. Please ignore my mistaken eyeballed
measurements about wire sizes, ground rod distances.