Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Time to break out the assault rifle!

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 14:03:01 -0800, "Eigenvector"
wrote:

I continue to be depressed and angered by the "quality" electrical work done
on this house.

The outlet that I was working on because it stuck out from the wall,
uncovered even more quality work. Here, I'll showcase it below.

Who need's an outlet box?
http://photos.imageevent.com/eigenve...e/PC250079.JPG

Oh, there is one in there. What quality construction. Mind you this is
ORIGINAL work - as in the contractor did this.
http://photos.imageevent.com/eigenve...e/PC250080.JPG

Wonderful, stablock components to top it off!
http://photos.imageevent.com/eigenve...e/PC250081.JPG

I removed it and wirenutted the circuit closed until I can fix it.
Preferably after the Christmas vacation. By the way, ALL the outlets in my
house are on a single 15A circuit - that's nice to know.

I have a long long battle ahead of me. Update the panel to 200A service,
once I get a larger panel, re-wire house separating the circuits out,
re-wire the oven circuit, re-wire the dryer circuit, re-wire the.....

Was the outlet mounted to the stud where it is chiseled? Can you mount
a new box on the left side of the stud; away from the trim and abandon
the old?

We just left off some door trim on a house and the electricians were
called back to move the outlet box. The site next door; the light
switch was behind the swing in door of a closet...

--
Oren