Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Another Bath Remodel

wrote:
Questions:

1) Has anyone used plastic ceiling tiles (look like old tin ceiling) in
a bathroom? Any problem?

If you fill the backs of the tiles completely with adhesive/compound
when adhering to your greenboard there should be no problem. Leaving
air spaces might be an invitation for mold growth.

2) I am putting in an acrylic tub and surround.
a. Where the gypsum overlays the flange of the surround, what is the
detail of the transition? Any tricks?

Use a line of masking tape on the surround and mud it in to follow the
line of the greenboard. The tape will keep the surround looking neat..

b. Will be putting in a tile floor, no tile on any walls. What is the
proper transition for the bottom edge of the tub? I will be putting in
the tub before the floor. (Tub over tile or tile butts tub?) (Bullnose
against tub?)

Look at some new construction to see what is common in your area.
Locally we see tile butted up to the tub. Another place to use masking
tape as you work as acrylics are easily scratched. Enjoy your project.

Joe