Harry

Default Need advice on lathe purchase.

I was looking at the next unit up(9 x 20) in the HF store and it did seem
alot more substantial than the mini. But I don't have the room for that size
lathe right now. What is your's missing? And how much does it weigh? Here's
the big one, where is it located?
"turnitdown" wrote in message
news
If you are into using old American iron, I have a 9 X 20 South bend that
came from the estate of actor Steve McQueen. It's 99% complete and works
and with a dis-assembly and re-paint or powder coat would look new- Others
on this board say its worth 6-800.00 As a long term investment its

probably
a better buy than a Chinese unit, but you would have to spend a week or

two
getting it spruced up before you could start making parts.