Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Bathroom tile question

Another thing to consider is a pedestal sink instead of a vanity. If
you can live without the counter space a pedestal sink opens up a small
bathroom considerably.

I gotta give the wife credit for this one. I didn't think a pedestal
would work for us, but with the addition of an antique telephone table
next to a pedestal sink in our 6 x 8 bathroom, we have enough room for
stuff and the room seems a lot more open than with the old vanity.

wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am remodeling a bathroom in the cellar of my home and I was hoping
someone could give me some advice about tile. The bathroom is not very
large; maybe 10 feet long and 5 feet wide (the whrilpool takes up about
3 feet of the length)... Anyway, I am planning on putting dark
imperador marble in this bathroom but I am not sure if I should tile
the walls as well. If I have the walls tiled and go half way up with
them, with regular sheetrock above that, I am worried that the bathroom
will look extremely boxed in. Does anyone ever tile only the floor and
the area surrounding the tub and leave the rest of the walls
un-tiled... Its funny, I usually have millions of ideas, but I am king
of stumped by this one... One more thing I ought to say, the ceiling in
this bathroom is rather low... Just a few inches over 6 feet.

Sincerely, Anthony