Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default BOSE

"jim" wrote in message
needing a fix for bose wave radio awr1-1w
dead display , unit will not turn on ....... it has the voltages at the
regulator .. thanks in advance for any help ......... Jim
just a note . the display icons ALL lit up before failure

I've got the service manual, but you'll have to bear with me until after
Xmas. Just as a matter of interest, I do work for a Bose service agent, and
have done LOTS of these, but the symptoms you describe are not any that I
have ever had. It sounds a bit system control micro-ish, but may not be. If
you would like me to scan the relevant manual bits, mail me off-group, so I
remember. Spares may turn out to be an issue, because they are *very* anal
about who they will supply.

Arfa