Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Non-stick frying pan. OFF TOPIC?

Weatherlawyer wrote:

As with using metal or abrasives on them, poor handling techniques will
damage them but the most probable cause of failure is overheating.

Or putting ali based pans in the dishwaster...

As far as non stick goes, these are the best pans I ever bought:

http://www.hartsofstur.com/acatalog/Anolon.html

(Meyer Anolon). I have never cooked anything that couldn't be got off with a
short soak in hot water and fairy, then a wipe with a sponge.

As to plain cast iron, I like it in frying pans, but it's completely useless
for saucepans, especially for acid foods. I clean mine with fairy and a
nylon brush - leaves enough coating on IME. But I believe the previously
quoted techniques of wiping out hot is the "professional" way of dealing
with omelette pans amongst others (source: my mum who was qualified in that
sort of thing).

Merry Christmas!

Turkeys in the oven, wines in me, kiddies waiting for pressies so have to
go

Cheers

Tim