Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
George Jetson George Jetson is offline

Default Samsung 27" TV doesn't work.

wrote in
:

That was my thought and if this is not digital capable it is a time
bomb anyway. I know I have seen guys throw part after part at a TV
that was "surged" and still end up with an old TV. These things are
wired in a big loop on the primary that includes lots of $20-70 parts
and a lightning hit will take out most of them. If it also got into
the tuner side, getting it to light up is only the start of your
misery.

It is no accident that there isn't a TV repair shop in every strip
mall these days.

It is digital capable. It's a pretty decent TV. I doubt that there's
heavy damage, since the woman I got it from didn't say anything about
lightning, and all the fuses and fusible links are good. I also took the
high voltage tripler out of circuit and the rest of the TV seemed to
power up ok.

Like I said before, I'm not going to put a lot of money into this.
That's why I'm asking for troubleshooting help.