Gunner

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:26:57 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

Although most of the
reservists were used to strengthen America's depleted strategic
reserve force, four ANG fighter squadrons were dispatched to Vietnam.
"
Joining the Air National Guard, at the time the Air National Guard
was being sent to Nam..sounds like a cowards way to me.

Oh, get real. Four squadrons sent to Vietnam? I'll take those odds. That's
the definition of a good dodge.

Did anyone know at the time that Johnson would limit his callup to
only 4 squadrons?

As you probably know if you were really awake at the time, and if you
weren't spending too much time with the bong, practically everyone who
joined the ANG in those years did so to reduce their chances of fighting in
'Nam to near zero, while still putting in their time.

This was a bad thing given the realities of Nam? Speaking of
bongs..did you enjoy your living under a bridge in California? Get
some of that good Humbolt Country Gold?

That was the whole point. Don't you know that?

Yup. And that was a bad thing? What branch of the military were you
in?

Ed Huntress

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas