Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Rick Brandt Rick Brandt is offline

Default Samsung 27" TV doesn't work.

George Jetson wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote in
:

You paid *way* too much or are quoting the price of 15 years ago.

Neither. This TV came out in 2001 with a MSRP of $699. I got it for
free.

$450 will buy you a well made 32" set; your tv can be replaced for
under $300.

Why would I want to pay $300 to $450 for a new TV, if I can fix this
one for $50 or $60?

Because it's a gamble. You can spend 50 to 60 bucks in an "attempt" to fix it.
If your time and effort is worth anything at all considerably more than that.
And when the new fly-back is in place there is a very good chance that the set
will be just as dead as it is now.