Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default electricity problem

bubblegummom wrote:
Mr. Meehan,

The dining room and the upstairs is off. It looks like we are going to
have to learn to live this way.

That certainly sounds like a single line is out. I am going to suggest
professional help. There are just too many possibilities to try and
instruct anyone without good knowledge of the subject to start with, to
safely take on the project. However it is usually a very quick and easy
project for the professional. I do recommend you have it checked as opposed
to ignoring it. It is a possible safety hazard if left alone, although most
of the time it would be safe.

Thank you for your advice!

Loretta

Joseph Meehan wrote:
bubblegummom wrote:
Last night our power upstairs started blinking, then went off for a
few seconds, then went off entirely. My husband has done what he can
in the fuse box but says it doesn't appear to be a fuse. Does anyone
have any suggestions or ideas of what might be wrong?

I check with your neighbors and see if they have any problems.
It could be a problem with the power company.

How much of your home is without power? If a small part (5-20%)
I would guess it is a loose connection somewhere. Finding it and
fixing it is not impossible for the do it yourselfer, but I suspect
from your question that it may be a little dangerous for you to try.
You need to find (we can't help a lot here) where the problem is and
then make sure the power is off (no always simple) and then fix it
(not always safe.)

Good Luck

--
Joseph Meehan