Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Drop Ceiling Cost for my almost finished basement

wrote:
I've nearly completed my basement. I did all the insulation, stud
walls, drywall, etc myself but now it is time for the ceiling. I'm
going with a drop ceiling b/c I need access in many places.
I have a "Friend", more of a guy I know who does drop ceilings. He is
going to do the ceiling for me but I have no idea how much it will
cost. I have told him I want the least expensive route, not worried
about appearance too much.
1) Can anyone tell me what it should cost, minus labor b/c he should be
giving me a deal on that
2) Would this be a per square foot cost or overall cost?

1. I would presume he could/would if you would only ask.
1a. Why should someone who is just "a guy I know" do this for no labor
cost? What have you done for him (or are going to do for him)? Just
because you know somebody, that's no reason to think you can take
advantage of that to obtain free labor, particularly if this is his
occupation, not just a hobby or similar. What time he's spending on
your job is taking away from his time to be doing something that is
paying...

2. See (1).