Posted to alt.home.repair
just me again just me again is offline

Default new ceiling insulation around canister lights ?

"RickR" wrote in message
ups.com...
Proper technique would be to cut the batts,
and then insulate around the IC cans with additional material.
Ideally, removing the vapor barrior, but since its up against metal it
won't really matter.

Lots of labor and rarely done by pros...

Richard Reid, LC

tr wrote:
In a room remodel...I have new IC rated canister lights and I am
replacing the old insulation with new Kraft batts. Should i just
install the batts above the canister tops...or cut the batts around
the canisters so it isn't 'compressed' somewhat against the ceiling ?

Thanks, TR