Paul Amaranth

Default Opinions Wanted-Good Air Impact Tools?

Marty Escarcega wrote in message .. .
(Paul Amaranth) wrote in
om:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
y.com...
Who makes a ratchet that you don't have to use to break loose the
bolt first before hitting the air?

Carefull here - the sword cuts both ways. Have you ever had an air
ratchet pin your hand against something?

Ingersol Rand used to make a ratchet they called the Knuckle-Saver.
Had a clutch on it so your hand wouldn't get smashed. It was a
brilliant idea and worked well, I wouldn't trade mine for anything.
One reason you're using one of these things is close quarters work, so
the clutch helps a lot. Doesn't do much for ordinary assembly work,
but doesn't hurt either.

Paul

Thanks Paul, recall the model number on it?

Hi Marty,

I went and looked, it's a Model 110. It was Patent Pending when I got
it maybe 10 years ago.

Paul